but everyone says you need to be realistic, so finishing the edits on my novel, typing a serial detective novel on my Underwood typewriter, reviewing 3 restaurants, 2 vineyards and 1 bakery (plus creating 6 recipes) for my food blog, completing 4 classes for the Masters degree and finally, learning Portuguese, German or at least improving my Spanish may be too ambitious.
So instead of writing resolutions that will in all likelihood fail by next Tuesday, I will simply resolve to try to be a better person each day. And if I can do something to make the world a better place, either through my writing or (gasp) by personal interaction, all the better.
<lifting my glass of Cross Key’s Tavern Port 2008>
Cheers to you all – thanks for reading! Let the mayhem begin at sunrise, January 1, 2012!!
- To Make Or Not To Make: The New Year’s Resolution (forevertwentysomethings.com)
- Resolutions? 2012 could use some. (arches.wordpress.com)
- New year resolutions (vwwriter.wordpress.com)
- New Years Resolution (sillylittlerobot.wordpress.com)
- If moms wrote all the New Year’s resolutions. (confessionsofamediocremom.wordpress.com)
- Resolute to You (herstorycalls.com)
- Communication then and now: “you’ve come a long way baby…” (pixilatedtoo.wordpress.com)
- How to keep your New Year’s Resolutions (eyeadoreroffashion.blogspot.com)