So my good blogger friend, Writernubbin, has bestowed upon me (and six others) a traveling blog award called The Versatile Blogger. It is for bloggers who try to consistently put forth good verbiage, quality content and perhaps something of interest to the public at large. I was humbled by Writernubbin’s kind words and will try my best to pass this on to others (more) deserving.
But, really, this is just another example of today’s karma. Not only did I get a decent storyline for tomorrow’s flash fiction (which will be written tomorrow now) but I also received word back from an illustrator. What’s that, you say? I hadn’t mentioned anything about an illustrator? Well, for some time I have been considering other writing opportunities, since I am not busy enough already. Exactly. How about an Internet-based serial comic strip. I write, he draws. The cool thing is that neither of us will collaborate on the other’s turf. In other words, he draws whatever he wants, based on what I write. I get surprised by his art; he gets surprised each week by my storyline.
This will be fun. A lot of fun. I can’t wait to share the site with you once it gets going.
Back to the Versatile Blogger Award. Here’s how it works:
I have to share 7 things about me that you probably don’t know.
1. I was tromping through the mountains in northern Nicaragua when the 1978 revolution started. That was the first time I came face to face with an M-16.
2. I have encountered a ghost. It was in Aiken, South Carolina of all places.
3. I will never be invited to judge American Idol. Simon was too kind.
4. I can cook an awesome prime rib. I just can’t afford one.
5. My first car was a ’65 Chrysler Newport, or as we called it…the tank on wheels.
6. I passed up a chance to see Stan Kenton because I didn’t want to skip school. Of course, he died the next year so I was just plain out of luck.
7. I am not that politically correct. (Okay, some of you may have known that one.)
Now the fun part. 7 Bloggers who pique my interest and are worthy of a visit. Check ’em out. Apologies to those who may have already “won” the Versatile Blogger award!
Gwen Newpenny, writer A writer who, with the help of Sergey the cat, hopes to become published someday!
Jennifer McFadden Science Fiction-Mystery author and skilled writer worth reading!
L.S. Engler A writer, writing about writing.
Only Time Will Tell Blog of Lee Robertson, aspiring novelist and working writer.
Teacher Writer Author K. J. Long’s blog. Very comprehensive!
PLOS.org A network of blogs written by leading science researchers and authors. Scary smart people.
The Ear of The Mind Thought-provoking discussions & Jazz. Greg is the most intuitive thinker I have ever met. If you like jazz, this is a must must must visit blog!